Hello everybody. Welcome to the third interview as part of our debut author series. If you haven't already then please support these by checking out all of the others that have been shared to date.
One of the middle-grade books to watch out for this August (2021) is this book by Emma Mylrea. Curse of the Dearmad is published by a small publishing company (Tiny Tree). The book is illustrated by Hannah Jesse and looks like a sure-fire winner to me. We've recently had the opportunity to ask Emma some questions about the book as well as finding out more about the author. We hope you enjoy this post and if you would like to purchase a copy then you can HERE. Equally, if you have any questions that you would like answering then please get in touch.
- Curse of the Dearmad is your debut book, what can we expect from the story?
- What is particularly special about the two main characters, Percy and Nell Shearwater?
- It looks like there are a number of illustrations as part of the story, what do you think these bring and how do they add to the narrative?
- What emotions did the characters in your book take you on? Do they talk to you?
- How do you process your ideas into the story?
- The book is published by Tiny Tree Books. What can you tell us about the publisher and where can we buy your book from?
- You are a member of the Golden Egg Academy. How better do you think your story is for attending their writing courses? What support did they give you?
- What surprised you the most about the story once you'd finished writing the book?
- Describe your perfect book hero or heroine.
- Which authors do you enjoy reading when you have time to relax?